jueves, 5 de septiembre de 2013

JVC HA-S160-R-E

The headphones came packaged in thick plastic, through which the headphones can clearly be seen. I needed a sharp pair of scissors (and a fair bit of patience) to open the packaging.

Initially I thought that the headphones felt a little flimsy, my daughter has took much better care of these ones but I am still a little surprise that they have lasted this long, so it seems they are of a better quality than I had first thought. They are incredibly lightweight, in fact holding them in my hand now it barely feels like I am holding anything at all.

The stainless steal headband is adjustable, they are really simple to adjust should you need them a little bigger or smaller. My daughter has them on the smallest possible setting, on the few occasions I have borrowed them I tend to have them set somewhere in the middle. They fit very well and do not move about or slip off. There is a "L" and a "R" on each side to ensure the headphones are on the correct way although I am not sure that my daughter pays much attention to this.

As mentioned earlier we have the red headphones looking at them now I cannot believe how good these look, there is no scratches or marks on them, in fact they still look really bright and shiny. The brand name is clearly displayed on each of the earphones in silver capital letters. The ear phones are padded inside and both my daughter and I find them comfortable on the ears. JVC claim that they have a "noise cancelling design", whilst wearing them they do cancel out most of the sounds from outside, but not completely. Personally I quite like this as my daughter can get quite absorbed in her music and games, so I like that she is at least a little aware of whats going on around her. Most importantly, others around cannot hear any noise coming from the headphones, which is a plus when Justin Bieber is my daughters choice of "music". The volume however is determind by the setting on the device not the headphones, I would have liked a separate volume control on the actual headphones but its not something that has ever bothered my daughter. I do encourage her to make sure the volume is not too loud on her device as I am aware that this can be dangerous.

Now, these are called "flats", not because they make the music sounds particularly flat but because they fold flat. The ear phones can twist about a little and therefore lie flat. Combined with their light weight this has proved to be incredibly helpful and useful. My daughter often stays at her grandparents house and packs a rather large suitcase to take with her and of course all her devices go with her including these headphones. The headphones can be neatly placed in the suitcase without the ear parts sticking out, meaning they are a little less likely to get broken.

The cable is black in colour and measure 1.2m, its a nice length - being neither overly long or too short - which suits my daughters needs well. As the cable is quite thin it has got tangled on a few occasions but this seems to be a problem with most headphones and I can easily untangle it.

As mentioned earlier I have borrowed these headphones on a few occasions although I haven't used them to listen to music but catch up on some TV through BBC iplayer. As I don't want to disturb my boyfriends sleep whilst I catch up on the latest goings on in " The White Queen" on my laptop, I stick these on. I have found the sound quality to be pretty good, they are certainly not amazing but they are much better than I was expecting. I've just had a little listen to my daughters MP3 with these headphones and the sound is pretty good, my daughter has never complained that they have a poor sound quality.

----------------