LastMinute

LastMinute
vacaciones de último minuto

jueves, 9 de mayo de 2013

Oriflame Essentials Moisture Concentrate

I've been a user of Oriflame products on and off for several years now as my cousin's wife is a distributor in India and whenever I visited there in the last decade I'd buy a few products from her as she provided some samples which got me hooked. As I'd not been there for a few years, I thought I'd better look up their products from a more local source so tracked down the website and ordered a handful of items to expand up my beauty products collection. 


WHAT IS IT?

Oriflame Essentials Moisture Concentrate is a moisturiser containing multi-vitamin complex suitable for all skin type. It's targeted at women of all ages and all skin types who are not looking to spend a small fortune on their beauty regime but to be assured of a safe skin care. It is an intensive triple-action cream which protects, nourishes and hydrates your skin and can be used for both day and night moisturising.

The cream arrives in a rather plain looking tub, which is no issue at all as an expensive looking container doesn't necessarily mean the product is any better. The container is easy to open with a twist off lid.


SO... DOES IT WORK, IS IT ANY GOOD?

I won't say that this is going on my list of must have products. I have been using it for a few weeks and found it sort of does some of what it claims to do. It does moisturise and to some extent it nourishes and hydrates the skin but not as good as most other similar products I've used. When applying the cream I don't think it absorbs as easily as other similar products and the texture itself feels "cheap" somehow if that makes sense - reminds me of something you'd buy in a £ shop and learn your lesson and never try again!

I'm also not exactly enamoured of the scent that this cream has. It's not exactly unpleasant but personally I find myself cringing somewhat when applying as I just can't find myself ignoring the scent.

I've used this cream before going to bed and feel my skin feels dry quite soon afterwards. I've also been wearing it in the morning before applying my foundation and definitely don't think it's good as a base before applying foundation (which I've done for years with other products. I've gone back to using Ponds Hydronourishing as I find this much better for me personally.

I'm not convinced it's worth its price tag at the reduced price and most definitely not worth the full original price. It's difficult to tell also whether the multi-vitamin complex is of any benefit.

Overall I wouldn't give this more than an average 3 out of 5.


WHAT'S THE DAMAGE?

I paid £5.95 for a 75ml tub which I felt was a real bargain until I saw the original price was actually £9.95. I thought it would be definitely worth it for £5.95 as I generally pay that for 50ml of similar moisturising products. But after testing it out seems it wasn't actually worth it! 


WHAT'S IN IT?

In case you'd really like to know the full ingredients in this product or to ensure you're not allergic to anything contained in it, below is a full list of ingredients:

Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Peg-2 Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Parfum, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Niacinamide, Ethylparaben, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Calcium Pantothenate, Maltodextrin, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Pyridoxine Hcl, Tocopheryl Acetate, Silica

AMAZON